Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
Businesses are invited to nominate via our online nomination form here.
After all entries have been considered, all nominees will be notified in writing of the results. Winners of each category and our overall Business of the Year 2017 will be announced at our Gala Awards Night on Friday 19 May 2017.
How do I know if I am eligible to enter?
Our awards are open to all small business owners who:
- Provide significant business to the residents of the Stirling region; or
- Conduct significant business within the Stirling region
To be eligible for the awards your business must:
- Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have been operating for at least 24 months (with the exception of the New Business Category)
- Not be publicly listed, not-for-profit or a government agency
- Give consent to your business being profiled in the media
Why should I nominate for the Awards?
Research shows the two main reasons for entering the awards are it provides a business opportunity and a personal challenge. Other reasons to enter;
- The awards can be used as a formal business planning process, allowing review for what you do best and what needs attention.
- Opportunity to benchmark your business against other businesses within the same industry.
- A chance for industry and peer recognition of the business.
- Reward your staff for all their efforts.
- Becoming a finalist or winner can increase staff morale and development.
- Credibility amongst customers and the general community from being a finalist or winner of an award program.
- The awards provide exposure for the business including media.
- An entitlement to be recognised as a champion within small business.
How do I nominate for the Awards?
To nominate your business in our 2017 Small Business Award please complete our online nomination form here.
Entries must be completed in accordance with the terms and conditions and received by the closing date to be considered as an award entrant.
Is there a word limit in answering the Awards Criteria?
We encourage you to be succinct with your answers. For more information on our word limit view our 2017 Information Pack here.
Can I get assistance in completing the Awards Criteria?
Yes. Click here to view our 2017 Information Pack containing helpful hints and tips to help you submit your online nomination form.
Can I email my nomination?
No. Entries will not be accepted by email. Only nominations via our online entry form will be accepted.
What is the closing date for entries?
All nominations close 11:59pm (WST) on Monday 17 April 2017.
What happens after I enter?
Our expert judging panel, representing a variety of industries will shortlist the finalists for each Award Category. Each finalist will be invited to attend our Gala Awards Night at the Rendezvous Hotel, Scarborough where the winner of each category will be announced as well as our overall Stirling Business of Year 2017.
Will all nominees become finalists?
No. Judges will decide on the content of the entry and can eliminate entries based on areas such as an incomplete entry form, inability to meet the awards criteria or unsuitable eligibility requirements.
How do I know if I have been selected as a finalist?
All Finalists will notified in writing if they are a category finalist on Monday, 1 May 2017.
Who judges the entries?
View our judging panel here.
What are the businesses judged on?
Judging is based on the Awards Criteria answers.
Do I need to be affiliated with an awards sponsor to enter?
No, this will not affect the judging process.
How do I purchase tickets for the Gala Awards Night?
Tickets for the Gala Awards Night can be purchased on our website. More information coming soon.
Who should I bring to the Gala Awards Night?
You can bring as many guests as you want but be sure to purchase your tickets before they sell out! We suggest bringing your staff members to use the evening as a thank you and celebration, as well as family members as they are the ones who support you through the good times and the bad.
Will my entry be returned to me after the awards?
No, all online nominations will be destroyed following the completion of the Small Business Awards.